Thursday 26 January 2017

MAGAZINE PROPOSAL

Genre of magazine:
The genre of my magazine will be “Indie pop” I think the subculture of this music is more ideological as it is the mixture of two different sounding music types conversed into one genre. I think I can work better with this genre and create a magazine cover and double page because I can work better with the generic colours and photographs linked to Pop. Pop and Indie have developed into modern society using classical themes such as black and white with a splash of vivid colour that would be the reason for their indentification.

Target audience:
The demographic audience of my magazine would be for both young females and males nearer to the age gap of 16-19 etc. around the teenage / young adult years located in the UK or USA. The magazine I am ideally trying to create would socialize with teens more than adults as the referred bands and musicians would be for the millennial generations.

The socio-economic audience would generally be C/D/E middle class or teenagers, as the price of my magazine is aimed at those who have little money as it is quite cheap and easily accessible.

The psychographic audience would be aimed at those who enjoy music entertainment magazines, and those who like reading articles which generate new information about bands. My magazine will include many articles and gossip and things which just pull in young teens who love reading about their favorite musicians and learning new things.

Title of my magazine:  ADORN - the definition of this word is make more beautiful or more attractive. I chose this as my title as I think it can address that plain words are being written to become songs that have beautiful meanings behind, and this links well with the magazine being about music.

House style:   The house style of my magazine will follow the similarities of the magazine “Billboard.” With the classic theme and just one recognizable colour such as orange or green.
Masthead font:    Aulyars ( Situjuh Nazara) Dafonts.com - Sans serif
Cover line font:  Sumptuous Light ( Locomotype) Dafonts.com – Sans Serif
Body text font:   Sumptuous Light ( Locomotype) Dafonts.com – Sans serif
Main cover line:  Aulyars ( Situjuh Nazara) Dafonts.com – Sans serif
Additional cover lines:  The additional cover lines which I will add will be directed at other bands, such as local gossip on head drummers or singers. Cover lines will also point out exclusive interviews and behind the scene articles.
Additional elements:   There will be a header at the bottom of the magazine cover addressing the main article, ideally surrounding my chosen artist.
Contents page: There will be one contents page, a double page highlighting my chosen artist.
Date and price:  Once a week, weekly. The price would be £1.99

I will try to adapt my recent research of magazine covers and contents pages, to the work which I will do when creating my magazine. Firstly I will try to create my product to be conventionally ideal for the genre "Indie pop" using specific codes such as using generic colours to appeal to both females and males,  the use of generic colours will associate my magazine with both genders and will allow more of a demographic to be attracted to the layout of my magazine. I will also try to photograph an image that would attract my ideal target audience, through relating to them and creating a relationship through someone similar to their age group. 

1 comment:

  1. This is good, but incomplete. Please complete on Microsoft Word, and copy and paste the text on your blog.

    ReplyDelete